The NatSci Office of Research Support is dedicated to guiding you through the process.
Our Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Research Coordination Across the College
We serve as a liaison for faculty and units within the college and central administration.
We provide guidance, assistance and training to new faculty and department staff.
- Proposal Review and Transmittal Routing
We provide guidance and coordination for grant submissions.
We collect, review and process proposals for college approval and signature.
- Post-award Assistance
We assist with transition from submitted to awarded and account set up process.
- Pre-award Assistance
We provide coordination for grant development for faculty affiliated with departments within the College of Natural Science.
- We collaborate with offices across campus to help coordinate the administrative requirements involved in research grants.
We assist faculty with all phases of proposal development and submission.
- Identify funding opportunities
- Develop timelines for proposal submission process
- Budget development
- Familiarization with policies and procedures for proposal submission
- Review of proposals for agency specific guidelines and policies
- Completion of application packet (Fastlane, Grants.gov, etc.)
- Completion of Kuali Coeus (KC) Proposal Development Document
- Calculating indirect cost and split of overhead credit return negotiations
- Coordinate signatures for proposal routing